Ducks against Arkansas State last week:
- Both quarterbacks (Mariota and Bennett): 28-39 passing, 308 yards passing – that’s just four more yards than the Red Wolves starter.
- RB De’Anthony Thomas: 3 carries, 64 yards, 1 TD / 4 catches, 55 yards, 2 TDs
- DE Dion Jordan: one tackle, completed two-point conversion
- Gave up 530 yards, which is good for 108th in total team defense in the FBS after opening weekend.
Bulldogs against Weber State last week:
- 37-10 victory at home (season opener)
- Balanced offensive attack for the Bulldogs with 515 total offensive yards.
- Picked up 25 first downs.
- Junior QB Derek Carr: 20-25 passing, 298 yards, 2 TDs, 0 INTs
- RB Robbie Rouse: 22 carries, 123 yards, 2 TDs
- Only converted 4-11 third downs.
- Gave up 16 first downs (9 on pass plays).
- Committed seven penalties for 80 yards.
So…how good is the FCS opponent, Weber State?
- 2011 FBS opponents: at Wyoming (35-32 loss), at Utah State (54-17 loss)
- Ranked 110th in total defense (108th in pass defense, 80th in rush) last season.
- Also had clear separation from top of the Big Sky Conference (Montana, Montana State, Eastern Washington – lost to all three of them by a combined 116-55 points)
Fresno State’s quarterback had an efficient night, but Weber State can’t stop anything. The Wildcats are a middle of the pack FCS team, finishing at 5-6 a season ago.
For the sports bettors:
- Line opened up at Oregon favored by 33.5 points and the total set at 73.5 (now favored by 35 points and total is at 77.5)
- Ducks are 0-3-1 ATS in last four games favored by 10.5 points or greater.
- Over is 4-0 in last four games when Bulldogs are 10.5 or greater underdogs.