Today the Fresno State Bulldogs (1-0) head north to Autzen Stadium to face the fourth-ranked Oregon Ducks (1-0). Last week the both teams won at home with the Bulldogs defeating Weber State 37-10 and the Ducks knocking off Arkansas State 57-34.
Here are the three keys for this game between Oregon and one of the newest members of the Mountain West Conference.
Key 1; Make life tough for Carr, Rouse and Adams
- These guys were the Fresno State triplets against Weber State last week.
- Junior Derek Carr was 20-of-25 for 298 yards with two touchdowns.
- Senior Robbie Rouse on 22 carries had 123 yards reaching the endzone twice.
- Redshirt Freshman Davante Adams caught seven passes for 118 yards with two TDs.
Key 2: Third and Fourth Down
- Last week the Bulldogs went 4-of-11 for just a 36% clip.
- By comparison the Ducks were 10-of-19 which meant Oregon moved the chains 53% of the time on this down.
- Fresno went 1-for-1 on fourth down while Coach Kelly’s team was 4-for-5 for an 80% clip.
Key 3: Marcus Mariota
- The redshirt freshman was good last week against the Red Wolves but what does that mean this week?
- Mariota was an impressive 18-of-22 for 200 yards with three touchdown passes and ran it four times for 24 yards.
- Fresno State will be much tougher so keep an eye on the young starter.