1. Oregon (6-0, 3-0 Pac-12) – 55 points (5 first-place votes)
Mike (1st) – Class of the conference and will get a week off before their Thursday night game in Tempe against the Sun Devils.
2. USC (4-1, 2-1 Pac-12) – 47 points
Brian (2nd) – They’re good, and even after all the chaos of the first half of the season, they are still the toughest opponent left for the Ducks.
3. Oregon State (4-0, 3-0 Pac-12) – 45 points
Mike (2nd) – Big non-conference game in Provo against BYU. Can the Beavers win with how they played against Wazzu on Saturday?
4. Stanford (4-1, 2-1 Pac-12) – 39 points
Brian (5th) – I really don’t know what to make of this team. To go from a low-scoring with a dominating defensive line against Washington to lighting up the scoreboard against Arizona. This team will either play up or down to their opponent.
5. Arizona State (4-1, 2-0 Pac-12) – 38 points
Mike (3rd) – Arizona State travels to Boulder on Thursday night which I think we’ll learn a lot from. Crazy things tend to happen on Thursday night football.
6. Washington (3-2, 1-1 Pac-12) – 30 points
Brian (7th) – I likely pinned this team too low, but giving up over 40 points against LSU looks incredibly embarrassing right now. The Huskies are simply bad defensively, and that Stanford game is just an outlier.
7. UCLA (4-2, 1-2 Pac-12) – 23 points
Mike (7th) – Who will feel the wrath of Jim Mora this week on campus? Utah is the opponent this week at the Rose Bowl. Can UCLA rebound … again?
8. Arizona (3-3, 0-3 Pac-12) – 18 points
Brian (6th) – They’re good offensively, but like Washington, that defense has shown that it doesn’t have what it takes to win in the conference.
9. California (2-4, 1-2 Pac-12) – 16 points
Mike (8th) – Being the Omaha chapter President of the Jeff Tedford fan club, of course I moved them up in the power rankings after drubbing UCLA.
10. Utah (2-3, 0-2 Pac-12) – 10 points
Brian (10th) – Take away the 14 points they got from USC’s center at the beginning of the game, the Trojans dominated 38-14 last Thursday.
11. Washington State (2-4, 0-3 Pac-12) – 6 points
Mike (9th) – The Cougs lost a sloppy game at Oregon State and get Cal this week in the Pulluz, can they continue to grind away and find a win?
12. Colorado (1-4, 1-1 Pac-12) – 3 points
Brian (12th) – Let’s be honest, even they did beat the Cougars, are they really better than them overall?
The Autzen Zoo power rankings are a collection of votes from our staff. Commentary is provided by lead editor Brian Spaen along with staff writer Mike Vamosi.