This weekend the PAC-12 Conference will be represented by Oregon State and UCLA in Omaha at the 2013 College World Series in Omaha, Nebraska. The Beavers will open the CWS at TD Ameritrade Park Omaha at noon against Mississippi State.
Sunday at 5 pm UCLA will take on the number four national seed and Omaha favorite LSU Tigers. The tournament is double elimination with OSU/MSU playing again on Monday and UCLA/LSU returning to the diamond on Tuesday. The second game will depend on the results this weekend, losers at noon and winners at 5 pm.
College World Series Games for June 15-16, 2013
College World Series Game 1/June 15 – 3 Oregon State Beavers v. Mississippi State Bulldogs
- Oregon State returns to Omaha for the fifth time but first since 2007 when they their second straight National Championship
– CWS appearances: 1952, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2013
– National Championship’s: 2006, 2007
College World Series Game 4/June 16 – UCLA Bruins v. 4 LSU Tigers
– UCLA returns to Omaha for the second year in a row, three times in the last four and like OSU their fifth CWS all-time
– Last year they went 1-2 opening with a win against Stony Brook but losing back-to-back games to Arizona and Florida State
– CWS appearances: 1968, 1997, 2010, 2012, 2013
Oregon Ducks This Week:Phil Steele’s College Football Preview: Oregon Ducks At #5, USC #6, Stanford #11 EA Sports: Oregon Ducks De’Anthony Thomas Makes Top 15 In Player Ranks Athlon Sports Ranks Autzen Stadium Tops In The Pac 12