Oregon football finished the season on a two-game losing streak but still finished ranked in the AP Top 25. Where are the Ducks in the early 2022 polls?
After a 10-4 season and a coaching change, there’s plenty of uncertainty pertaining to Oregon football in the immediate future.
Dan Lanning has taken over as head coach after winning the national title as Georgia’s defensive coordinator and his stock is on the rise. He helped lead the Bulldogs to a 14-1 record behind one of the best defenses in college football history. His defense held Michigan and Alabama to a combined 29 points during the Bulldogs’ playoff run.
Lanning is taking over a talented team in Oregon despite losing a ton of key pieces but where will the Ducks be ranked in the 2022 polls to start the year?
Where has Oregon football landed in way-too-early Top 25s?
The Ducks look like one of the better teams in the Pac-12 and publications have them ranked mostly in the teens to the 20s.
- The Sporting News was higher on the Ducks than most other publications, listing Oregon as the No. 9 team in the country for the preseason.
- Sports Illustrated isn’t exactly the highest on the Ducks, listing them at No. 20 in the country.
- Oregon is No. 12 in the Yahoo! Sports way-too-early rankings.
- CBS Sports has Oregon listed at No. 18 in the rankings which seems fair.
- Like Yahoo! Sports, ESPN also has Oregon ranked at No. 12.
- I posted my annual way-too-early rankings for Saturday Blitz on Monday night and had the Ducks at No. 17 and I think they have the talent to win the Pac-12 title.
It’ll be interesting to see who Lanning adds to the roster in the offseason from the portal and who wins the quarterback battle between Bo Nix and Ty Thompson. There are a lot of storylines to follow this offseason.